Choosing the right vehicle when you want to travel is mandatory. If you plan a tour in Surabaya with family or groups, car rental is the best choice.
About City of Surabaya
- Surabaya is known as the gateway to Bali.
- The name means Crocodile and Shark, referencing the myth of how the city was founded.
- It’s Indonesia’s second largest city.
- The city is the site of the decisive Battle of Surabaya, giving the momentum for independence.
- From this the city is also known as the ‘city of heroes’.
- Yogyakarta is approximately 320 km south west and Denpasar 430 km south east of Surabay
The Heroic City
Always known as the heroic city, in mythical times crocodiles and sharks fought for control of the area – crocodiles are “sura” and sharks “baya”. Following on from this it was officially named in 1293 when it defended it self against Chinese troops and it is still known as the “City of Heroes” today after the Battle of Surabaya took place during the struggle for Indonesian Independence in 1945. Nowadays it is also known as the “Gateway to Bali”, the nearby holiday destination. (wikipedia)
Self Driver Car Rental in Surabaya
Drive your car from the south, the Surabaya-Gempol toll road skirts the city limits up to Tanjung Perak port. The arterial Pantura (North Coast) road connects Surabaya all the way to Semarang in Central Java and Jakarta through Gresik, in which the portion between Surabaya and Gresik is tolled. From the neighboring Madura Island, the Suramadu bridge crosses the Madura strait, for free.
Car Rental Location Surabaya
For your convenience, we have gathered all possible car rental locations in Surabaya and the surrounding area on this page. Please note that the prices and the number of offered cars may vary depending on the rental location. For example, renting a car at the airport is often more expensive than downtown, but the car inventory there is the largest.
Free pickup and drop-off are included for the following areas: